Activities and Services in the Local Area
Food Bank / Vouchers
Anyone can reach crisis point and that is why food banks are there to help. North Devon Food Banks are available in Barnstaple, South Molton, Bideford and Ilfracombe.
There are also smaller locations that offer the same service, such as the Ark in Lapford. Our Wallinbrook location also holds a small number of emergency parcels, which can be accessed during open hours. If you need help, please speak with one of our Healthcare Professionals who can provide you with a food bank voucher.
- Local Services
- Okehampton District Community Transport Group Newsletter 64
- Forget me not Cafe - Okehampton
- Devon Home Library Service
- A Sure Start Childrens Centre - Crediton
- Activities in the Area - Lapford
- Activities in the Area - Chulmleigh
- Activities in the Area - Burrington
- Activities in the Area - Ashreigney
- Activities in the Area - Wembworthy
- Activities in the Area - Winkleigh
- Activities in the Area - Chawleigh
One Small Step
Are you looking to quit smoking, lose weight for that special occasion, become more active or reduce your alcohol intake? If so you will find lots of useful guidance and resources from Onesmallstep, a tailored service for the people of Devon.
Information available in the surgery waiting rooms or via the following:
Telephone: 0800 298 2654 or 01392 908 139
You can also see our Health Care Assistant, Caroline Stapleton for support with weight loss and / or smoking cessation. Please speak to one of our Patient Services Advisors.
School Nursing Service Update
The School Nursing service across Devon has been developing their service to improve access to a School Nurse and to information and support for all school aged children.
Is the way you are feeling affecting your daily life? Are you struggling to cope, feeling low, anxious or overwhelmed by your thoughts and feelings? Are you living with a long-term health condition that is making you feel tired frustrated or worried? You are not alone and Talkworks can help.
They are a free confidential , NHS talking therapy service (previously depression and anxiety Service), helping you to feel better and give you the tools and techniques to improve your mental health and physical wellbeing.
You can self refer directly to Talkworks or call them on 0300 555 3344.
NHS Dental Helpline
The practice does not provide dental services, if you are experiencing dental issues and cannot see your own dentist please telephone the NHS Devon Dental Helpline who will be able to provide you with the following information:
- Advice on where to find an NHS dentist if you live in Devon:
- Advice on where to find an NHS dentist
- How to access dental care in an emergency
Dial 03330 063300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For dental issues there is a Dental Helpline for information.
West Devon Sensory Outreach Service
West Devon Social care Sensory team offer information and advice about hearing and sight loss, a re-tubing/ battery clinic and information about assistive equipment for both people with hearing and sight problems.
Veterans Gateway is the first point of contact for veterans seeking support. Veterans and their families can be put in touch with the organisations best placed to help with the information, advice and support they need – from healthcare and housing to employability, finances, personal relationships and more.
For further information visit: www.veteransgateway.org.uk/
My Health Devon
My Health Devon empowers people to be healthier, better informed and to take greater responsibility for their own health and health choices.
- enables patients to make informed decisions about their care and treatment options
- promotes Shared Decision Making conversations between patient and clinician
- promotes self-management of their conditions
- promotes a healthy lifestyle
- informs people in Devon about local services and support groups
Useful Health Links