- For continually updated Coronavirus advice, please visit: nhs.uk Coronavirus Update
- For the latest government guidance for households with possible coronavirus infection, click here
- What to do if you fall ill with COVID-19 symptoms whilst staying away.
- For vaccine advice, please visit: Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
- To find out what you can and can't do please go to https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do
Covid-19 Vaccination Programme
Wallingbrook have commenced the Covid-19 vaccination programme working with 5 other practices from Mid Devon Healthcare Primary Care Network.
We are not able to order the COVID vaccine, we can only provide vaccines as we receive them. It will take time to vaccinate everyone.
To Help Us:
Please DO NOT contact the surgery we WILL contact you when it is your turn to receive the vaccine.
Please try and attend the appointment you are offered.
This is the official NHS information on the phased approach to the Covid vaccination programme.
The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) advises that the first priorities for the COVID-19 vaccination programme should be the prevention of mortality and the maintenance of the health and social care systems. As the risk of mortality from COVID-19 increases with age, prioritisation is primarily based on age. The order of priority for each group in the population corresponds with data on the number of individuals who would need to be vaccinated to prevent one death, estimated from UK data obtained from March to June 2020:
- residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
- all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
- all those 75 years of age and over
- all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
- all those 65 years of age and over
- all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality. Plus unpaid carers.
7. all those 60 years of age and over
- all those 55 years of age and over
- all those 50 years of age and over
Thank you for your patience and understanding
COVID Vaccination Update 17.03.2021
We are pleased to confirm that we have started to invite groups 7 (over 60), 8 (over 55) and 9 (over 50) for their first COVID vaccination at Lords Meadow Leisure Centre in Crediton.
Patients in these groups may also receive an invite from the national booking team to attend clinics at Westpoint and Westward Ho should they wish. Alternatively patients can wait for the practice to make contact to offer the vaccination at Lords Meadow.
Please continue to help us by not contacting the practice, we will be in touch to offer you an appointment.
The National NHS Covid Vaccination Booking System
The national NHS booking system may send you a letter offering you to have your Covid Vaccination at one of the large vaccinations centres; Westward Ho, Westpoint at Exeter.
If you have received a letter, please book an appointment through the NHS website or by calling 119. New appointments are regularly added to the system, so please keep checking back with the site if you need to.
The national NHS booking system is now inviting people aged 45 and over to book their vaccination.
Click on the link below for the National NHS Covid Vaccination Booking System:
Our team will continue do our absolute best to maintain services and provide care for 7000 patients. We are here for you and our services remain open.
At this time of year, the whole NHS system is stretched due to winter pressures.
This year, the pressures are likely to be exceptional.
To assist the practice:
- Please consider using our online eConsult service, this is available 24/7 and we will respond by the end of the next working day.
- Please only order the medication you require, the practice has not been informed of supplier shortages.
- Both Chulmleigh and Winkleigh opening times remain the same.
- Patients will not gain entry unless a pre-booked appointment has been made. To gain access for pre-booked appointments; please ring the doorbell.
- To organise an appointment, please use the eConsult service which is accessible via our website – www.wallingbrook.co.uk, or telephone the surgery on 01769 580295.
- Wallingbrook team will continue to wear PPE to protect both the patients and the staff. Stringent infection control measures will remain in place.
- Both Chulmleigh and Winkleigh sites are open for the collection of prescriptions. We kindly ask that patients queue 2 metres apart to maintain social distancing. Chulmleigh opening hours are 8.30am to 6.30pm, Winkleigh opening hours are 8.30 to 1pm, 2pm to 6pm.
Thank you for your understanding.
COVID vaccine invites via text message
Have a query about the COVID vaccination?
We will contact you for your second COVID vaccination
For patients who received their first COVID vaccination through Mid Devon Healthcare Primary Care Network/Wallingbrook Health Group - we will contact you to arrange your second COVID vaccination, once deliveries are confirmed.
Please do not contact us.
Advice on patients wearing face coverings in our GP practice
We ask that when possible patients please apply a face covering before entering the surgery and dispensary.
There is also guidance online on how to make a facemask at home with items you may already own, or you can simply use a scarf.
At-risk groups to receive free winter supply of vitamin D
At-risk groups to receive free winter supply of vitamin D
Individuals on the clinically extremely vulnerable list will receive a letter from the Department of Health & Social Care inviting them to opt in for a supply to be delivered directly to their homes.
Deliveries will be free of charge, starting in January, and will provide 4 months’ worth of supplements to last people through the winter months.
The supplements will support general health, in particular bone and muscle health. This is particularly important this year as these individuals are more likely to have been indoors for extended periods due to measures introduced to stop the spread of COVID-19.
The supplies are not organised through your GP Surgery.
We are letting you know about a very useful website called Germ Defence which was created by a team of doctors and scientists to give you advice that has been proven to reduce the spread of viruses in the home. It can help you plan how to protect yourself and members of your family from infection by COVID-19 and ‘flu.
It’s easy to use and only takes 10 minutes – just click on this link:
(If this link does not open when you click on it, please copy and paste it into your web browser.)
Please pass details of the Germ Defence website to your friends and family.
There’s a button at the bottom of the Germ Defence website for sharing by social media.
If you’d like to know more:
- Over 20,000 people previously took part in research about Germ Defence
- People who followed the advice in Germ Defence had fewer and less severe illnesses – and so did the people they lived wi
- Results of the study were published in The Lancet medical journal
- Germ Defence has been updated with COVID-19 advice to help prevent a wave of COVID-19 and ‘flu this Autumn/Winter
Information about how the Germ Defence website is being evaluated is available here