COVID-19 Vaccination for Eligible Adults
Once patients receive their COVID vaccination invite, patients can book their appointment at the Mid Devon Healthcare Primary Care Network Vaccination Centre.
Appointments can be booked via Online Services, the NHS App or alternatively by telephoning the practice on 01769 580295 (do be aware our phones lines are busy, if you are able to book online this will be the most efficient option).
To download the NHS App visit:
To log on to SystmOnline visit:
Once your vaccine appointment is booked, please ensure you read the following information:
Mid Devon Healthcare Primary Care Network Vaccination Centre Address:
Lords Meadow Leisure Centre
Lords Meadow Industrial Estate
Commercial Road, Crediton. EX17 1ER
Through vaccination we aim to help protect individuals from becoming unwell with or dying from COVID-19 disease.
Information about COVID-19 vaccines is available at: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/coronavirus-vaccine
For women of childbearing age, please read the detailed guidance at: www.nhs.uk/covidvaccination
Indications are that some vaccine recipients may experience a painful heavy arm where they had the injection and may feel tired or have a mild fever for a couple of days. These are common side effects following vaccination. If required, paracetamol may help to reduce these effects and keep you as comfortable as possible following vaccination. You will be provided with a leaflet on the day of your vaccination, it is important that you read the product information.
For more details on the vaccine and possible side effects see www.gov.uk/coronavirus. You can also report suspected side effects on the same website or by downloading the Yellow Card app.
On the day the vaccinator will ask if you wish to give your consent to be vaccinated. Please only attend the appointment if you would like to have the vaccine. If you have changed your mind and wish to decline the vaccine, please telephone your practice to cancel the appointment in advance, so that your vaccine can be offered to someone else.
By consenting you will be playing your part in reducing your risk of catching and spreading COVID-19.
The vaccination centre is the main hall of Lords Meadow Leisure Centre.
There is very limited car parking at the Leisure Centre, we ask you to consider arranging someone to bring you to your appointment where possible.
If you are driven to your appointment, you will be guided by Marshalls to the ‘Drop off point’ in the main carpark, the driver will then be guided to move to the collection carpark. Please advise the driver that they may expect to wait approximately 15 minutes.
For patients who may require transport, details are available on our practice website under practice updates.
If you are unable to attend alone, you may bring one person with you to assist you.
During the vaccination clinic, we will maintain the range of measures we have in place to keep you safe from COVID-19. Staff giving the vaccine will be wearing personal protective equipment and will abide by all our cleaning and disinfection requirements.
Please note, two doses of the vaccine are required. The practice will invite you for your second dose, 10-12 weeks after the first dose.
Wallingbrook Health Group (Telephone: 01769 580 295)
Please do not attend your appointment if you, or a household member is experiencing:
- a high temperature – this means feeling hot to touch on chest or back (no need to measure temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if a patient usually has a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- any loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
- Has tested positive for COVID in the last 4 weeks
Please do not attend your appointment, if you or your contacts:
- are awaiting COVID test result
Please do not attend your appointment, if you:
- are currently isolating with COVID symptoms or as a contact of confirmed case
- have received any other vaccine in the last 7 days
- are participating in a clinical trial of COVID-19 vaccines, please contact the trial administrator
Please contact the surgery, if you:
- have had a previous systemic allergic reaction to any vaccine
- have a history of immediate onset anaphylaxis to drugs or unexplained anaphylaxis
- had a COVID vaccine before
- Please ensure you turn up on time for your arrival time, not early or late. You will not be able to enter the building until your allocated time slot.
- Please wear a face covering, wear a loose-fitting or a sleeveless top so we can administer the vaccine on your upper arm with ease.
- Social distancing will be in place during the clinic. Please adhere to the instructions of the staff who are supervising the patient flow, they are there for your safety.
- Remember you will still need to follow government guidelines as the vaccine does not work immediately. This also helps to protect others who are waiting to be vaccinated.
Information about COVID-19 vaccines is available at: