Coronavirus Update - COVID-19
For continually updated Coronavirus advice please visit: nhs.uk Coronavirus Update
Patient Update - 17/07/2020
Advice on patients wearing face coverings in our GP practice.
We ask that when possible patients please apply a face covering before entering the surgery and dispensary.
There is also guidance online on how to make a facemask at home with items you may already own, or you can simply use a scarf.
Patient Update - 08/07/2020
Following the Governments latest advice, we will continue to protect our patient community with the existing measures the practice implemented in March 2020.
We will continue to provide routine care via the eConsult service; using telephone, video and online consultations to minimise face to face contact where appropriate thus reducing infection risk as much as possible.
- Both Chulmleigh and Winkleigh opening times remain the same.
- Patients will not gain entry unless a pre-booked appointment has been made. To gain access for pre-booked appointments; please knock on the door.
- To organise an appointment, please use the eConsult service which is accessible via our website – www.wallingbrook.co.uk, or telephone the surgery on 01769 580295.
- Wallingbrook team will continue to wear PPE to protect both the patients and the staff. Stringent infection control measures will remain in place.
- High risk patients who are shielding will be offered to attend blood test appointments at a seperate clinic.
- We will start to reintroduce our Month of Birth process, and will be limit the number of face to face contact patients have with a clinician by providing telephone and video consultations where possible.
- Both Chulmleigh and Winkleigh sites are open for the collection of prescriptions between 8.30am to 1pm, 2pm to 6.30pm. We kindly ask that patients queue 2 metres apart to maintain social distancing.
These measures have been taken to protect the patients and staff in an attempt to maintain services delivered to our community.
Thank you for your understanding.
At yesterday’s Downing Street briefing, Health and Social Care Secretary Matt Hancock said the government is relaxing advice to those shielding in two stages, as the latest scientific evidence shows that chance of encountering coronavirus in the community has continued to decline.
Please read the attached documents for both clinical and support offers for those currently on a shielding programme.
Coronavirus FAQ's - what you can and can't do
On Monday 1 June 2020 the government updated its plan to return life to near as normal as we can, for as many people as they can, as quickly and fairly as possible in order to safeguard livelihoods, but in a way that is safe and continues to protect the NHS.
To find out what you can and can't do please go to https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do
Isolation notes can be requested through the NHS website and NHS 111 online. After answering a few questions, an isolation note will be emailed to the user. If you don’t have an email address, you can have the note sent to a trusted family member or friend, or directly to your employer. The service can also be used to generate an isolation note on behalf of someone else.
For further guidance
Useful Information - Parish Support Groups & Support Groups & Resources in Devon
Please click here: List of Support & Resources in Devon